1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hadn't really thought of this till the manuals came out

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Craktskull, May 21, 2008.

1. Craktskull

Craktskull New Member

I've been searching for about a year for a manual for a Suzuki Carry. Someone finally pointed me here and lo and behold, I find it's available now. GREAT.....!

But then I started thinking. I had my 'truck' custom built here in the Philippines about 2 years ago and went with the guy to his warehouse to pick out parts for the build. There were HUGE piles of parts scattered around and he went around telling the guys to put this and that on a truck.

These stacks were assorted parts from different manufacturers, Suzuki, Mitz, Dih....etc. I don't have the foggiest clue what parts were assembled to create my "multicab". I may not even have a Suzuki engine after all.
    :frustration:

My question is: Does anyone know where the engine block numbers are located for Suzuki, Dih, Mitz (the most common imported brands here) and is there anything available on the internet where I can input the numbers and check on yr, make, model of engine (like my pontiac engine rebuild yrs ago)? I did a couple of searches of past posts but only came up with VIN's. All my body work has completely destroyed where the usual locations were. I need actual block locations if anyone has them.

I would kinda like to know which engine I have before I start buying assorted manuals through trial and error.

Sorry for the long-winded post....I tend to be that way most of the time....:rolleyes:

2. Gregkabob

Gregkabob Member

Paul, I just recieved my Suzuki engine manual and it shows the location of the infor down on the block. If your looking down at the motor from the drivers side it looks like it would be on the block where the oil pan mounts. I don't have the truck handy to confirm. If you pm me an email address I can scan the drawing and send it to you.

Greg

3. Craktskull

Craktskull New Member

Thanks Greg......

Mail delivery in the Philippines is, well....."iffy", or I'd have already ordered the manuals myself. I sent the PM but just FYI, in the upper right corner of my post, you'll see the Yahoo logo (or other providers) if that user has other accounts listed in their profile. I really appreciate your help shipmate....!