1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaking of performance

Discussion in 'Performance' started by redleaf, Jun 4, 2008.

1. redleaf

redleaf New Member

2. redleaf

redleaf New Member

linking to

This link I beleive will take you to Somander Singh's discussion forum where you can see what others have done with grooves cut into the head to increase power and economy.

3. Don-in-Japan

Don-in-Japan Member

I think I came across it awhile back, but have difficulty believing it. Mentioning rickshaws just fills my head with images of third world engineering. Not saying it can't work, or that these fellows are not talented, but it seems to me that if it was that great, companies with research money to burn would have tested and incorperated this into production vehicles.

Here's another some of the guys were looking at in my shop..

http://www.water4gas.com/2books.htm

Anyone try this one, or know someone who has?

Throw a water cell or two in the trunk, and pipe hydrogen into the intake to catylise gasoline for better fuel efficiency..
    Add a few JC Whitney fuel line magnets, and your getting 150MPG :rolleyes:!!!

4. Andreask

Andreask New Member

Water4gas is junk!

Hi Guys,

I am a member on several "hydrogen from water" groups and the info from Water4gas has been totally dismissed as completely unsafe and unproductive garbage! If you want to get into this go to the "Hydroxy" forum on Yahoo groups and read, read , read. There are a good number of DIY electrolyser cells that do work. Some are very simple, others very complicated. The best ones are over 100 plate units and along with other electronics will provide very efficient outputs. Cost though is over $500.00 and you have to build everything yourself. The other basic units can be made for about $50-$100.00, depending on what you have available already. Save your money buying these eBooks as you can get more reliable info for free.

5. twj332

twj332 Member

Terms sort of tells the story

Maybe read the terms if you can get throught the jargon it basicly says they can not say that it will work.
    http://www.water4gas.com/terms-books.htm:frustration:

6. GoFaster

GoFaster Member

The Somender grooves are a hot topic of discussion on other boards that I am on.

I don't think there is a consensus, nor does it appear that there is any "general" way of applying them. Whether they have an effect or not depends on the design of the combustion chamber and whether the chamber has any "dead" areas (not enough turbulence or too much quench or some combination).

Usually this is a bigger issue on 2-valve heads that have huge squish bands between the valves. On a 4-valve pentroof (which I think all the 660cc engines have? not 100% sure) there's usually scant room left over for quench zones.

Has anyone had an engine apart and taken photos of what the chamber and the piston tops look like? if so, post up ...

7. Colin

Colin Member

The Subaru EN07 (KS4/Sambar engine) has an eight valve head. Sure wish it were a 16 valve. :rolleyes: