1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arizona Citizen Mini Truck Campaign Call to Action!

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by stevert, Oct 6, 2008.

1. stevert

stevert Member

To my fellow mini truck owners in the state of Arizona. This is a call to action. We will get nowhere if we don't organize! There are many of us in Arizona that can have an influence on politics surrounding mini trucks in Arizona if we can organize.

Our goal:
    To organize a large number of citizens that would represent many constituents from around the state. This would create a powerful and political voice within our government enabling us to further the recognition that the citizens in Arizona that own or hope to own mini trucks are recognized and heard.

Our second goal:
    To meet with the legislative liaison representing the Arizona Department of air quality and overcome their objections. Ultimately resulting in their endorsement or allowing passage of laws that would allow legalization.

Our third goal:
    To meet with the Department of Transportation legislative liaison and overcome their objections and address their concerns. They defend their position on two fronts. One of Their arguments will more than likely be that these vehicles are unsafe. The second argument would be that these vehicles do not fit within the legal parameters to be licensed.

This should be pretty easy arguments to overcome. The Rhino or an ATC has less protection for safety then these Japanese vehicles and are much safer than street legal motorcycles. DOT safety glass, disk breaks, lap and shoulder restraints are standard features an newer models even come equipped with air bag systems. These vehicles can be additionally modified with roll cages to increase passenger protection. ATC's and other off-road vehicles specifically require modifications be made before they're allowed on the roadways. We can argue that the same should be allowed without bias or our vehicles.

Our fourth goal:
    To speak on the floor at the Capitol with your help and hopefully your attendance as an expert to informing our state representatives why they should vote to pass legislation that would allow these mini trucks to be legalized in the state of Arizona.

Our fifth goal:
    To provide a mini truck display in front of the capital entryway as members of the Senate and House of Representatives enter into the capital. This is way could occur for one to three hours where we can have the opportunity to answer questions and recruit votes.

Our sixth goal:
    Identify senators and representatives that are on board and would endorse a bill for legalization of these vehicles. Identify those in government that are against a bill for legalization and launch a campaign urging a yes vote.

Summary:
    We need to organize so that we can become a recognizable voice and make the new bill a household word for those that have the ability to affect laws towards passage of legalizing mini trucks in the state of Arizona.

If you wish to be a part of this campaign, you can identify yourself on this forum or by e-mailing me at SteveRT@frontiernet.net and I will organize a newsletter to update to as to the status of mini truck politics. There will be times that require action by e-mailing or calling those representatives that are not on board to hear a voice. Many bills are voted on that many who represent us don't even understand what the bill actually is about. Suddenly when there's a buzz about a specific bill, many in government realize that are many eyes on the bill which could affect them negatively if they do not vote yes. I will also post information here for those who are not familiar with our plight, can educate themselves by reading on this forum.

To quote mighty milt:
    “The hardest thing i have run into was the lack of knowledge and have realized that if it doesn't fit neatly into a mold it's easier to say NO than to do research”.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to get in touch with me any time I'm usually up until midnight but not up before 9 a.m.

Steve Astorga
    928-505-8370
    SteveRT@frontiernet.net

2. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

let me know where i can help and i will.

just a couple things to add here, first of all i was able to obtain a temporary moving permit that was good for 3 days... if everyone did that and actually DROVE them to the display that might also raise awareness...

and another thing is that it seems a dealer here in arizona has gone through the steps and worked with MVD and they are allowing them to be titled and registered as ATV's and with one additional form they are being plated for street use much like the rhinos and rangers.

3. stevert

stevert Member

Anyone Else wish to help, Please inform me of your support. I will be meeting with State reps in A few weeks.

Steve

4. kmoneil

kmoneil Administrator Staff Member

What can I do to help?

5. wansco

wansco New Member

me too. I went to the MVD and they gave me a press release from the Iowa DOT saying they aren't legal. seems like an unofficial "no".

Let me know what I can do to help.

6. cheepBeer

cheepBeer Member

is this all dead in the water now

is this all dead in the water now or is there any new News>?:rolleyes:

7. wansco

wansco New Member

8. brianjs

brianjs New Member

Any update on this? I am now living in AZ and would like to see these things legal, that way I can justify buying one.

9. brianjs

brianjs New Member

Another question for those in AZ. How is it that the UTV's can be street legal but these cannot?

Thanks,

Brian

10. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member