1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap Tires For 12" Wheels 23X8.50-12

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by MAXOUT, Oct 27, 2008.

1. MAXOUT

MAXOUT Member

2. rayallen

rayallen Member

Max....I bought 4 of this kind of tires locally for $190.00. Be aware that these are for small tractors and low speed. They probably won't blow at 25 mph but could. Farm tractors usually run from 15 to 20 mph. Mine are very loud on blacktop roads. I even mounted them backwards to save wear but they wear a lot. I have never been stuck, only high centered with them on the truck. I also found some turf tires, look like mud and snow tires, that are not dot certified. These also go a small tractor.These are priced about the same as the tractor tires but won't sing so loud on hard surfaced roads. ray allen

3. MAXOUT

MAXOUT Member

Thanks for you input and I agree if you are planning on using these on road then they would not be a good choice. My truck is limited to 25mph and I only plan on using it off road. I had a MAX 6 Wheeler with the Goodyear Rawhide version of these "LUG Style" tires and they were loud on the road and a really rough ride.

The reasons I like these are the price (he shipped all 4 to me for $200.00), 6 ply and weight capacity.

I need a heavy duty tire with heavy sidewalls to prevent branches from popping them off the bead or poking holes in them. Also I like the aggressive tread pattern to keep me from getting stuck. I am going to mount them with the v pattern forward on the front and rearward on the rear. This will give me equal traction in reverse in case I get stuck. Speed is not an issue as these tires are rated at 1440lbs each @ 25mph. More than enough capacity to spare. Allot of people are running the AT489 Carlisle tires that are only rated at around 285lbs @ 50mph (that will not even handle the weight of an empty truck:eek:) I have looked at allot of tires in this range and feel these should fit my needs well as long as they live up to there specifications.

4. Mini4WD

Mini4WD Member

5. MAXOUT

MAXOUT Member

Yes I have the same size tires on there now. They are Firestone Turf & Field tires and are dry rotted and bald.

6. MAXOUT

MAXOUT Member

I got the tires and mounted them yesterday. I will post some pictures of the truck soon as I am documenting progress (PAINT BODY WORK ETC). These tires are noisier than the turf and field tires but the traction is WAY WAY better. My truck is limited to 25mph and tires are very manageable at those speeds. Notice the most vibration when braking on pavement. Overall if you have a truck limited in speed and looking for a durable, inexpensive, traction "workhorse" tire these are a excellent choice-

KEEP IN MIND I AM COMPARING THESE TO DRY ROTTED MISMATCHED FIELD & TURF TIRES THAT ORIGINALLY COST 3 TIMES AS MUCH AS THESE-

I rate them like this on a scale of 1-5

Traction - 5
    Appearance - 5
    Price - 5
    Durabillity - 5
    Ride - 3
    Handling - 4

Overall rating - 4.5 :D

So far, sidewalls are stiff and strong need to put some miles on them before I give the final verdict. Very happy for my application and during last nights testing I was able to go where I got stuck before.:D I was concerned about fit but these fit better than the Field & Turf tires and look way better. I have the 12X7 rims and a LHD truck with the factory fender flares and I think this truck was designed for the larger tires. No Problem !!! SWEET!

7. BigO-L3

BigO-L3 Member

8. Dan

Dan Member

You're right on the nose with the tire size for your truck. The factory spec for the 12 x 7 rims is 23 x 8.5 x 12 on the american lefty.