1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My search for an Oil Filter is over and I compiled a lengthy list of others.

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Archer-Andy, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Archer-Andy

Archer-Andy Member

I did a search and I read several other posts regarding oil filters and cross reference numbers for WIX and NAPA. I know, an old subject for many.:rolleyes: What confused me was the fact that some trucks used the 20x1.5mm metric thread filters and other trucks used the standard 3/4-16 thread, even though they were all Suzuki Carrys, just different years. I figured that a Japanese Truck should use a metric thread filter. Not so in all cases. I finally just took my filter off and matched it up to make sure what I truely needed before I bought the wrong one.

After comparing my original Suzuki Filter on my 1999 Carry. I was able to match it to a AC Delco PF53 with the help of my local GM Dealership. That is what I replaced it with. I also switched to Mobile 1 (5W-30) Full Synthetic Oil. These others filters should work as well. The thread pattern is 3/4-16 for my truck. I noticed in several other responses that several people that have the 3/4-16 standard thread filter are using the WIX 51360 (NAPA 1360). I went to WIX website and that filter is most commonly used on small diesel tractors. Obviously it fits OK since alot of people are using it. It is just slightly smaller than the WIX 51348 which will also work.
    http://www.wixfilters.com/filterlookup/PartDetail.asp?Part=51360

STP S3614
    Fram PH3614
    Fram Tough Guard TG3614
    Fram Extended XG3614
    Fram Double Guard DG3614
    Fram Premium/High Mileage HM3614
    Bosch 3330
    Mobile M1-102
    K&N HP-1002
    ValueCraft V3614
    Microguard GL10241
    WIX 51348
    Motocraft FL793
    Napa Nascar 91348
    Napa Gold 1348
    Purolator L10241
    Purolator Pure One PL10241
    Pennzoil PZ21
    Walmart/ Tech 2K 3614

Here is a link to the Wix 51348 Specification Sheet (Same as Napa Gold 1348):
    http://www.wixfilters.com/filterlookup/PartDetail.asp?Part=51348

If anyone finds an error in this above list of filters, please post so that I can make corrections. I am only trying to help someone else who may have also been confused by the question of what oil filter to buy for their particular truck. This is what I found to work for my particular 1999 Suzuki Carry with EFI and F6A Engine taking a 3/4-16 standard thread oil filter. Thanks!

StanS likes this.
  2. John Canfield

John Canfield Member

Good job

I've found some of the SAE vs. metric threads are a very close match for three or four threads and the diameter is very similar. There has been some confusion about suitable replacement filters and type of thread; thanks for the research.

3. Archer-Andy

Archer-Andy Member

I agree 100% John. I think the safest bet is to size up a new replacement filter with the old one that came off of the truck. There are just too many differences in "what works on one truck but won't work on another truck" scenarios. You have to assure that the fit is correct or start looking for a new engine when the wrong filter blows off and pumps itself dry.

4. JCwild

JCwild New Member

Does anyone know what will work on a 93 Carry 660cc?

We have just gotten ours and need all the help we can get to do our first tune up.

5. John Canfield

John Canfield Member

Give G&R Imports (or one of the other site sponsors) a call - they can help with parts.

6. warren farmer

warren farmer New Member

I’m using a ACDelco PF308J on a 1990 Carry DB51T F6A. Anyone got a brand x-ref to this since I can’t find this one locally?

7. Ran440

Ran440 Member

I have been using ACDelco PF1233 for the last 5 years and many oil changes. My local auto parts store cross referenced this to a WIX 51394. I have one of these, but haven't used it yet. Kind of a back up in case I can't find the AC. This is on a 1995 Zuki

Jamison Lure & Fly likes this.
  8. Bob at RSM where I bought my truck told me it's not the filter that you can't find but that you can't get a filter that has a round gasket (oring) instead of a flat one and the flats tend to leak.

9. Ran440

Ran440 Member

The original may have had an O-ring, but the flats seal perfectly with no leaks. 60,000 km worth of oil changes with no leaks.

Jamison Lure & Fly likes this.
  10. matt167

matt167 Active Member

Toyota OEM filter will have the O ring gasket. One for a slightly older 4cyl will work. Most Camry/ Corolla, Yaris, Prius and other 4cyls take the same filter. Except the newer canister filters which started on 6cyls in 2009ish and is on most every 4cyl also by now

11. photogdave

photogdave Member

My local Lordco found this filter for me:
    Baldwin B33
    Lordco Canada part #400833
    I have used this successfully for two oil changes. Made in USA.

12. Mr. Chubbs

Mr. Chubbs New Member

I realize that this is an old thread, but for those that are interested I found out that the oil filter for my 1992 DD51T F6A motor

upload_2023-10-19_9-7-18.png

Is the same filter used in Suzuki outboard motors and is readily available

upload_2023-10-19_9-11-33.png

Comes to about $14.50/filter, which may seem high, but there is no guesswork on fit or quality. I have PRIME so my shipping was free.

13. t_g_farrell

t_g_farrell Active Member

I use the WIX 51394, fits right and is a Wix, so made well.