1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front Wheel Bearings

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by satorie, Dec 19, 2008.

1. satorie

satorie New Member

I am new to the forum and am searching for some information. I am looking for the NAPA or SKF or even just the measurments for the front wheel bearings on a 1991 Mitsubishi Minicab 4x4 660cc truck. I need to get new wheel bearings before the truck can be certified for use in Canada.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

what i normally do (and i work with a lot of oddball bearings) is go down to the local bearing shop and just have them measure it up and order them in. when you know what the part numbers are make sure you post them.

3. satorie

satorie New Member

The problem is that i don't have the equipment to remove the bearings and its -45 with 4ft of snow outside right now. I have e-mailed Mitsubishi and I am hoping to find out soon if they have the information.

4. Mighty Milt

well that certainly adds a new degree of difficulty.. how will you do the job when you get the bearings in those conditions??

5. satorie

satorie New Member

I will probably take it to my neighbors garage and do the work there. I have called 80% of the garages in Saskatoon and cannot find anyone with a listing or that is willing to work on metric imports.

6. Mighty Milt

the bearing company will want the ID, the OD and the width of the bearing. make surey you measure it in MM. i hope someone will respond with a cross reference for you, but you may have to pull it, measure it, and put it back together and wait for it to arrive if they haven't got it on the shelf.

best of luck

7. Dan

Dan Member

I think this might help. Here are two links to compare. one is for the 660 jdm version and the other is the american one. The bearing portion of the hubs are the same and should be available through the auto dealerships or you can cross the part #'s at a parts store. I have some of those parts in the garage and will measure them tonight for you.

http://www.m-klub.ru/_pages/mitsubi...ETDJNfHxwbmM9PTI2fHxzdWI9PTE1MHx8YTI9PTg4MTIx

http://www.m-klub.ru/_pages/mitsubi...GREZ8fHBuYz09MjZ8fHN1Yj09MTUwfHxhMj09ODcwNjE=

Dan

8. satorie

satorie New Member

Thanks Dan. If you could measure the bearings for me that would be much appreciated. I think that the bearing measurments coupled with the diagrams should be all the garage needs to fix the bearing issues.

9. Dan

Dan Member

I found two of the bearings for the front end. I don't have the 3rd one that's in the 4x4 portion

MB349093 id 24mm, od 30mm, h 15mm. printed on the lip is (JAPAN PS NTN DCL1510) needle brg

MB349097 id 35mm, od 60mm, h32mm. printed on the lip is (JAPAN J NSK 3SKWDO2g) tapered brg.

Hope this helps you out.

If not, I'm sure the sponsors can assist. I have two of the needle bearings but, only one of the larger tapered bearing. let me know if i can help any further.

Thanks,

dan

10. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

Dan to the rescue :)

11. Dan

Dan Member

I don't know about a rescue...everytime i see NTN or NSK on a bearing, i have an anxiety attack. NTN is a huge manufacturer but, it usually means that they were made for a specific application and its a proprietary part that you can only get from whom it was made for. I'm hopeful that mitsubishi is still selling them here.

Good luck

Dan

12. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

Hi Dan

thanks for even more info...i put all this kinda stuff in a book, so more the better:D
    thanks!!