1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e brake light on

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by C3imports, Feb 18, 2009.

1. C3imports

C3imports Member

e brake light in the dash is always on, pulled up console and checked little button switch. clearance when the e brake lever is down. unpluged button switch, light stays on, jumped wire in body harness side and light still stays on. any ideas?

2. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

add brake fluid

3. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Yep, when I was changing my brake lines and the fluid ran low and the e-brake light came on because it was low. I was surprised that there was a light for that.

-Greg

4. slimbad

slimbad Member

Warning lights

Yeah, I think Milt and Greg pegged that one. This may be obvious to most but have seen some questions about various lights. This is general and may not apply to every kei so........

Warning Lights

Oil pressure warning light:

This light should illuminate when the ignition is switched on and should extinguish as soon as the engine starts.

If the light stays on after starting or illuminates while driving, stop immediately, switch off the engine and check the engine oil level.

Battery charge warning light:

This light should illuminate when the ignition is switched on and should extinguish as soon as the engine starts.

If it does not illuminate at all, or if it illuminates while driving, your battery is not being charged as there is a fault with your charging system.

This may be due to one of the following;

* loose battery, starter or alternater terminals
    * a broken or loose alternator drive belt
    * an alternator failure

If the drive belt is broken, it must be replaced before you restart the engine. The coolant system (water pump/fan) may rely on this belt and its failure could cause the engine to overheat, in turn causing engine damage.

Brake fluid warning light:

This light will remain illuminated when the handbrake is engaged. Illumination after releasing the handbrake may indicate low brake fluid level.

If the brake fluid is too low and brake pedal travel is distinctly longer than usual, one of the two hydraulic brake circuits may have failed.

If the light remains illuminated, even though the brake fluid level is correct, this may indicate a sensor fault.

Low fuel warning light (if equipped):

Just ignore this and keep trying to get that "50mpg":rolleyes:

later, slim

bentresearch likes this.
  5. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

i thought the "E" on the gas gauge stood for ENOUGH & the light illuminates when i'm getting 50MPG... now i know why it doesn't run anymore :confused:

thanx for clearing that up :D

6. C3imports

C3imports Member

thanx all, added some DOT 3 and all is good