1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP PLEASE! 1998 Minicab wont start.

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by Montucky, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Montucky

Montucky New Member

My 1998 Minicab does not make a sound when I turn the key. It was a cold winter and I failed to turn it over all season. Was fine when i parked her this fall. Put new battery in, but no change. Any ideas?

2. Tinytoy

Tinytoy Member

do you have power to your lights ect?? Could be loose wires to starter?Blown fuse-able link

3. Montucky

Montucky New Member

i do have headlights....and cablight, but no horn, stereo etc....No click at all when i turn the key. totally bummed out.

4. Tinytoy

Tinytoy Member

Use the search function at the top of the main page and see if something comes up for main fuse/ fuseable link. The locations are a bugger from what I've read

5. Tinytoy

Tinytoy Member

check all your fuses in the fusebox first!

6. Montucky

Montucky New Member

all fuses are fine in fusebox. however, i did lift up the passenger seat and found what i think is the fusible link. there is (1) 30A which is fine and (1) 40A which is blown. might this be my problem?

7. slimbad

slimbad Member

Let's see, truck won't crank over (LARGEST drain on the electrical system) and the and the LARGEST amp fuse on the truck is blown. I'd say nooo way could that be your problem:rolleyes: Just ignore the blown fuse and keep looking till you find the problem:D....later, slim

8. Montucky

Montucky New Member

I replaced the blown fuse (40A) and she turned right over like the day she was born. thanks so much for everyone's input.

9. Montucky

Montucky New Member

PLEASE HELP AGAIN! 98' Mitsubishi Minicab...windshield wiper issue

My 1998 Mitsubishi Minicab had a load of snow fall over the windshield wipers this spring. They don't move when told to now, but i can hear the organs moving from the inside. How do i approach this issue. Why are the organs moving and my wipers are not? How do i access? Thanks in advance.

10. 3banger

3banger Member

the bolts on the wipers aren't tight enough. They're probably turning and the wipers ain't.

Thanks for the fusable link info. That's what brought me to this thread. My Mitz is a fair bit older though so I hope it's still in the right place.

Did you already fix your wipes?