1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

11475-1117 relay beeping

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Richardjsum, Mar 1, 2024.

1. Richardjsum

Richardjsum New Member

Hi all,

I am a new hijet van owner.

My van has started to make a beeping noise for the whole journey and I’ve figured it’s coming from a relay part 11475-1117 under the dash.

I can’t find out what it is for and why it is beeping.

Engine light comes on intermittently but I don’t think it’s to do with this.

Any help appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. jblueridge

jblueridge Member Supporting Member

I found other photos… does it have 5 or 6 pins in the connector?
    It reminds me of my JDM Land Cruiser’s “ ac amplifier”.
    Do you have ac?
    Not sure why it would beep.

3. Richardjsum

Richardjsum New Member

Thanks for your reply.

It seems to have six pins and is at the end of a bunch of wires. I’ve looked though the workshop manual and I can’t figure out what it is still.

My van is a 2003 hijet and doesnt have ac.

I need to take the dash off as someone added lpg and then removed it and there seems to be a mess of wires.

here’s a picture of underneath.

Attached Files:

4. shogun

shogun Active Member

found the relay on Yahoo auction Japan with that number, the pics show in total 6 pins, 4 in a row and 2 below. Google translation calls it Daihatsu Copen Active Top L880K Genuine Relay Computer 11475-1117 (maybe a warning beeper?)
    Beeping: my Hijet beeps for example when the key is left in ignition, when the seat belt is not fastened, then my car has the safety warning system which beeps a lot , Smart Assist III https://www.daihatsu.com/news/2016/20161130-2.pdf

5. jblueridge

Mine is a 1996. No beeping but no "safety" features either beyond seat belts.

6. Richardjsum

Richardjsum New Member

Thanks for the replies.

I’m guessing it’s a safety feature. Three of the doors have switches so maybe something to do with that.

I would have thought it would have been on the schematic.

What I have found is a supplier in Italy who does parts. I needed a bumper which is now in the way.

7. jblueridge

Does that relay control box have the beeper in it? Is the truck quiet without it?
    You could get a multimeter and test for continuity between a dismantled door switch's wires and the wires leading into that relay box.

Who did you find in Italy?

8. Richardjsum

Richardjsum New Member

The company is mondo porter. The bumper has shipped and should be with me in the UK by the weekend.

https://www.mondoporter.com/en

I will try your suggestion of testing the door switch and beeper. The relay seems to just have a beeper built in.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2024
  9. jblueridge

Today my Mazda was beeping because I left the lights on and removed the key.
    Maybe your Hijet thinks the lights are on?

So when you buy from Italy, it comes by truck/train to UK?
    USA is expensively far away.

10. Richardjsum

Richardjsum New Member

The bumper camera from modo porter to the uk in two weeks. Will be ordering more.
    Still haven't had time to look at the wires but will do now the weather has changed.

Im guessing that it's something to do with the door switches. Comes on with or without the lights so may not be that.