1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1993 mini truck wont start

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by jacobgroloff, Apr 15, 2024.

1. jacobgroloff

jacobgroloff New Member

Last november my truck stopped working and i assumed it was a fuel delivery issue because i had some premium fuel put in, and figured the additives clogged something up. I ended up replacing my fuel filter and pump, as well as cleaning the carb and replacing jets and seals there.
    That didnt work and i have since replaced all 3 spark plugs and found that my starter solenoid was bad. I had that replaced and the starter motor cleaned. I just put it back in and still no start... My air filter is quite dirty and I will be ordering one soon. But i find it hard to believe that is the final culprit.

Any guidance would be a great help. I want this thing running like yesterday and need it for spring and summer work on my farm.

2. MikeD

MikeD Member

Your theory on using premium fuel clogging up the system is 100% false and not possible.

Your information is scrambled and needs to be defined more. First, what engine do you have, 3G83? Then, you need to better define the problem of Starting VS Turning Over

If you turn the key, and the engine turns over but doesn't start you can eliminate your starter being the issue, but it looks like you replaced that anyway.

So what happens when you turn the key, does the starter turn over and attempt to start the motor, but it doesn't run?

You mentioned it's a carbureted engine, you can narrow this down really quick if the engine is turning over. Get a can of carb cleaner, remove air filter, and shoot carb cleaner into the carb while turning engine over. If it starts right away, you have a fuel delivery problem. If it doesn't start, you have an ignition / compression / timing etc. problem.