1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4wd Shaft Seal

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by ionstorm66, Feb 20, 2024.

1. ionstorm66

ionstorm66 Member

So my 4wd shift shaft seal has a small leak. Luckily it's at the top of the transfer case so it's just got years of dirt and oil. It's the vacuum actuated one on the back of the transfer case for the push button 4wd.

Best I can tell the part number is 90043-11223 . That gives literally zero results. I'd rather not pull it out to get a measurement on it, as then I risk not being able to get a replacement.

I found the measurements for the output shaft seals online, and was able to order seals for that that worked perfect. Hoping to do the same for the shift shaft seal.

2. shogun

shogun Active Member

3. Dewie

Dewie Member

Well it may be your lucky day, I have my transfer case all torn apart to try to fix it, I should be able to get you measurements.

Just to clarify: This is the shaft/seal you're talking about?

upload_2024-2-26_7-58-59.png

upload_2024-2-26_8-0-10.png

4. ionstorm66

ionstorm66 Member

Yeah that's it. It doesn't leak a lot but it's only ever going to get worse. It still had the factory paint marks on all of the fill and drain ports. When I pulled them off, I could still touch the oil with my finger.

5. Dewie

Dewie Member

As promised, sorry for the delay.

14 - 24 - 10R

upload_2024-2-27_19-27-57.png

upload_2024-2-27_19-28-42.png

upload_2024-2-27_19-29-42.png

Mind you in looking at the photos I'm seeing the digital readings make sense for the seal, but the readings on the calipers seem off :eek:

6. ionstorm66

ionstorm66 Member

Dope 14x24x7 was cheap and common on Amazon so I ordered that. 3 mm thinner should be an issue.

7. Dewie

Dewie Member

Mine seems to stick out beyond what I'd have expected, maybe it was replaced with one too thick? time'll tell