1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

92 Bravo (3G83, DOHC) A/T Temp, Exhaust Temp, and Battery light on together

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by MacJo, Feb 20, 2024.

1. MacJo

MacJo New Member

Hello Minicab family,

I have 98 Bravo with 3G83 DOHC engine, and have replaced the original battery with NoCo NLP30 Li-ion. Don’t drive much due to cold weather/winter, but have made sure to keep the battery charged/start it frequently. During the last recharge/start-up, I noticed that the 3 lights (A/T temp, exhaust temp, and battery) stayed on after cold start. I let the engine run for ~5 minutes and the lights did not go out. Is this something that will reset on its own, or will I need to reset them myself? I looked in the manual that came in the glovebox, and will attach the translations here for reference (note under exhaust temp warning light re: battery light, but nothing noted for the A/T temp light).

Thanks in advance for any insight!

IMG_0356.jpeg IMG_0357.jpeg IMG_0358.jpeg

2. MacJo

MacJo New Member

Typo above. It is a 92, not a 98!

3. MikeD

MikeD Member

I'm tempting to blame the NOCO battery, although I have one installed on my newer 4A30 motor without issues.

For troubleshooting sake, I'd want to either charge the NOCO with a wall charger OR replace it with a car battery temporarily just to see if there is any change. You mentioned you've been charging it, do you just mean by running the engine? I can't imagine all these lights would be relating to something actually being wrong, especially if it's running and driving OK, but who knows. Start simple.

4. MacJo

MacJo New Member

Thanks for the reply, MikeD!

I do have a wall charger for the NOCO, and also a battery tester that shows it reading over 12v on a full charge. I’ve been charging it with the wall charger, not the engine. Yes, it runs and drives fine. I’m just curious if I need to do anything to get the lights to go out, or if they should (eventually) on their own.

Thanks again

MacJo

5. MikeD

MikeD Member

What about voltage when the vehicle is running, do you have a way to test for that? It should be 13+ volts. I don't think those lights need time to reset, they should just go off when within the spec. I wonder if your alternator isn't charging / got a bad ground somewhere.

Do you have any issues with the vehicle running / battery dying? My AT light is on almost full time but there isn't an issue with my AT temp. But for all three to stay on makes me think it's trying to tell you something.

6. t_g_farrell

t_g_farrell Active Member

Check your fuses too!

7. MacJo

MacJo New Member

Reporting back!

Was out of town for about a week, came back and started it up and all of the lights are off now. My assumption is that it was battery related, and maybe just took some time to reset. Thanks all for the suggestions!

MacJo

8. MikeD

MikeD Member

Nice, those are always the best fixes. Full steam ahead