1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

99 db52t speed

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Rjkeyser, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Rjkeyser

Rjkeyser New Member

So after paging hours of sites I still can’t find a dedicated answer on the speed limiter for this truck. No matter the gear, when I hit 22km it starts to die sputter ans kicks back in at 20km. So I unplugged the rear lower transmission connector that I assumed was the speed sensor. This fixed the speed problem and now utilizing my phone I can go about 60mph with no issues. Problem is now there’s a check engine light on and the speedometer obviously doesn’t work. Is there a way to remove the speed limiter and still see the speed on the dash? And could the speed sensor unplugged cause the check light? Is there a way to plug into these or a code flash method to read them?

2. t_g_farrell

t_g_farrell Active Member

Sounds like its digital and not analog for a limiter.

3. t_g_farrell

t_g_farrell Active Member

4. Rjkeyser

Rjkeyser New Member

Yeah saw that post the other day. Could not find any thing like that on my truck or any place that a harness was spliced or tapped. If it has one it’s no where that I can find. So wasn’t sure if there’s a factory ecm on these and if it’s possible that it’s flashed for a top speed? There’s a yellow sticker on the rear of the cab that says vehicle cannot exceed 25mph so I know there’s something in it but not sure if it’s built in or added

5. Rjkeyser

Rjkeyser New Member

Only writing this to help others in the future with db52 speed issue or similar…turns out the connections were cut and tapped into directly at the ecm under the drivers seat in the main harness next to the air box. But hidden in the ecm protector. Similar to another post on here this one however was a tiny little box with relays and lots of wires in it but only 4 mattered on the ecm that went to the limiter with 6 wires there was a small black ground wire on the air box bolt “removed it”, a small power wire spliced into the small connector on the bottom of ecm, along with a grayish wire that is connected to the speed circuit also spliced tapped into that same harness connector on the ecm “I left the scotch splice taps in place and just cut the wires from them into the limiter and put crimp caps on both at the ecm connector as shown in photo. Now the other 4 limiter wires and 2 from the large ecm connector, in my case this was easy to undo, the installers put on bullet quick connectors that I just had to unplug the 2 large black limiter wires and 2 large red limiter wires from the factory ecm harness bullet connectors and simply plug the ecm wires (corresponding colors that is) I believe orange and one was orange black stripe back together and that was it. This completely removes the 6 total wires from the relay box limiting circuit that was installed.
    For those needing a quick fix for other Speedo related limiters, I attached a photo to show how to unplug the transmission tail shaft speed sensor which temporarily bypasses the limiter circuits but disables the speedometer readings as well.

I’ll know if the check engine light goes off and what my top speed and drivability will be later this week and may post if I feel like doing so.

Goodluck

Attached Files:

t_g_farrell likes this.