1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acty HA4 SDX Alternator & AC Compressor belt sizes?

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by lilfntrk, Apr 20, 2024.

1. lilfntrk

lilfntrk New Member

Hello,

Looking for some guidance/confirmation on an Alternator and AC Compressor belt replacement part.

Main confusion is if my version Acty needs a Cogged/Ribbed V-belt or a Non-Cogged V-belt for the Alternator. Or does it even matter?

I have a 1997 Honda Acty SDX E07A V-HA4-2354771 OD:~101,000Km

From what I can find the OEM AC Compressor belt part number is: 38920-P36-003 and is not cogged.
    And the OEM Alternator Belt part is: 31110-PZ3-003 is cogged.

Lucky the AC Compressor belt only comes in this version, so good there.
    However, the Alternator Belt seems seems to come in two types cogged and non-cogged version.

Different V-belt types for reference:
    v-belt-product-type.png

My Acty came with its original documentation and it shows you can pop off a cover and see both belts. Note that the docs show a Cogged belt for the A. Generator (Alternator):

IMG_5383 - Copy.jpeg

So, I went outside and grabbed a picture in hopes to see a very cogged belt, but no. Now, it could be that the belt is so old that the cogs wore off, maybe mine uses a non-cogged version, or they put the wrong belt on:

Belts.jpg

Has anyone replaced these belts and if so any advice on replacement parts? Preferably from a local deal like autozone or advance auto etc. And does Cogged vs not really even matter? Im trying to keep the truck as OEM as possible.

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Apr 20, 2024