1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone in Michigan here? Did you get it street legal?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by KIMMER, Dec 2, 2008.

1. J. cook

J. cook New Member

Not real good at this and newbe to posting to this forum, not sure how to talk to persons outside the forum

2. J. cook

J. cook New Member

So just got off phone with David Preston’s office he is a state rep trying to get a mini truck plated in Michigan. Maybe if he gets enough calls about this issue the gray market truck bs will be lifted in Michigan,so I would encourage anyone with similar problems with plating their trucks to give Michigan political rep’s a call.

Nac likes this.
  3. J. cook

J. cook New Member

Still waiting to hear from anyone with plates to give me a clue as to where to get a plate as all the sos wants to say my sambar is a grey market vehicle and they won’t plate it

4. J. cook

J. cook New Member

5. Olde Phart

Olde Phart New Member

You want 'real' help? Well here it is. Go in with some knowledge of what you're doing, the correct paperwork, some time, and some patience, instead of immediately crying BS and being rude. If you go into a SOS office with a ton of paperwork, no US title, and an attitude, you'll leave pissed off. Trust me, this ain't my first rodeo. Back when I had hair, I had a MI Class B /C dealer's licence, and dealt in Mercedes-Benz cars and am VERY familiar with grey-market vehicles. Your situation is EXACTLY why I bought my Sambar from a reputable dealer (and paid a premium price for a premium product) and walked in with purchase agreement, shipping papers, a 100% legit Tennessee title, a proof of insurance (so policy was already legit) and a helluva' lotta' patience.

Do the homework The SOS ain't gonna' do it for you.

Nac likes this.