1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broken Distributor cap

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by jimmyjames, Mar 16, 2024.

1. jimmyjames

jimmyjames New Member

My Acty suddenly started acting starved of fuel when I give it any throttle at all. Starts and idles just fine but the instant I give it throttle it dies. I tested the fuel pump by pulling the fuel line off the carb and turning the key to 'on' and it pushed plenty of fuel and the line pressured up nicely when I put my thumb over it. I was about to pull the fuel pump anyway when I noticed a crack on the bottom of the distributor cap. Pulled it off and it was actually broken. See picture. I don't know a ton about these engines. Could this be the cause of, or contributor to, the issue?

Attached Files:

2. shogun

shogun Active Member

that distributor cap has to be replaced anyway, then you will see if that was the cause of your problem.
    Not sure what carb your 1992 model has, but I had on my 1997 the problem like many others, that the 2 solenoids were not working, here is such a thread, many had that problem https://minitrucktalk.com/threads/honda-acty-air-solenoid.21381/#post-123640
    the part numbers of both valves based on my 1997 E07A engine
    16031-PZ3-000 SOLENOID, AIR VENT CUT
    16024-PZ3-000 SOLENOID, SLOW CUT

how to test

3. jimmyjames

jimmyjames New Member

Thanks for the reply Shogun! I have a new cap on the way, plus a new rotor for good measure. Neither looked particularly bad, aside from the break, but the parts weren't expensive. I forgot to mention in my original post that I had re-built the carb a month or so previously. I had found that the air-flow solenoid was a bit crusty, but seemed to work ok after I cleaned it up. Sounds like I should just wait for the new cap and see if that helps :)