1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broken Hose ID

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Doug R, Mar 30, 2024.

1. Doug R

Doug R New Member

Hey guys,
    I've got a 96' Carry that I love and use everyday. I'm no mechanic by any means but I am trying to learn. I've found the best ways to learn are YouTube and folks like yourselves. I can't find this on YouTube so here I am. I think these hoses have something to do with venting heat off the exhaust manafold or possibly the cabin heater itself. Can you guys correct me if I'm wrong and please tell me what this hose is called so I can order one? Also where do you guys get your parts? Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. t_g_farrell

t_g_farrell Active Member

Yeah it just a hose to get warm air from below the shield on the exhaust to the air filter canister where, if its cold enough it will pull air from that hose. What you have there looks in ok shape other than the tear. I would use some HVAC aluminum duct tape and just tape it up and carry on. Its an off size to source. I did for my van but it was still slighly smaller than whatever metric size that is. Check the link in my signature, I think I described where I got mine there. This was 2+ years ago.