1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Check engine light connector locations

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by 808stevo, Mar 8, 2023.

1. 808stevo

808stevo New Member

Does anyone know WHERE the connector is to try and pull the error codes from? I've looked all over....and under...

93 Mits Bravo van, turbo DOHC, auto trans, 3g83, HLKHF 2

2. Drewtronics

Drewtronics New Member

Under steering wheel to the left under dash. Took me a while to find it, but strange thing is, my code reader will not connect to the vehicle ECM. Only get errors.

Good luck.

Drew

3. MikeD

MikeD Member

Don't you need to flash the codes on the 3G83 ? Do you have a service manual?

The Mitsubishi protocol usually isn't recognized by our US scanners. I haven't been able to get it to work

4. Drewtronics

Drewtronics New Member

Thanks Mike.

How do we flash the codes out? Glad it has that option.

Drew

5. MikeD

MikeD Member

I'm not sure but I think this applies to your engine . Check out that file attachment

I have a port that my obd2 connector plugs in to but can't seem to make it communicate with anything. I imagine it's just different protocol especially for the older models

Attached Files:

6. Drewtronics

Drewtronics New Member

Ill have to look up a copy of the service manual for my rig. It must be a newer model, cause the flash procedure didn't work.

Thanks for the info Mike.

Drew

7. MikeD

MikeD Member

That came out of a manual for a 3g83

I've got the 4a30 which has a CEL on dash and that plug in below the wheel but I can't communicate with it without the MUT protocol or whatever it's talking about .

Are you have performance issues ?

8. Drewtronics

Drewtronics New Member

No CEL problems right now. Burns oil like a chu chu train, but nothing that would turn on the CEL.

Just got this truck and have been fixing it up. Its only a matter of time until I get the CEL on and would like to have the ability to see what it thinks is wrong.

I think it needs rings. no smoke at startup, but excellent compression. 200 psi on all three. All three have oil on spark plugs. PCV is clear.

Drew

9. MacJo

MacJo New Member

I believe I located mine (92 Mits Bravo 3G83 DOHC), but it looks to be a 12 pin OBD-1 connector. Any idea if there is anything available that will read the codes?