1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front differential lock staying engaged

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by Dustin25, Jan 26, 2024.

1. Dustin25

Dustin25 New Member

So i have a mits, U42t truck and the 4wd drive wasn’t working. The bar at rear of transmission was frozen, cleaned that and replaced the solenoids with new ones as they weren’t working. Everything at rear of transmission works now. The front solenoids would engage the front but not disengaged. I replaced that as well and still same thing, i have read something about a control module?

2. Ryan Murray

Ryan Murray New Member

Hey @Dustin25 , I have the same problem with the solenoids not working on mine. I haven’t been able to find any online where did you get yours?

3. MikeD

MikeD Member

Damnnn you guys have diff lockers , front and rear!? Well I'm too busy being jealous to lend any advice here.

4. Quick Strike

Quick Strike New Member

There is a diaphragm the solenoids vacuum run to that switch the 4WD off and on. It has two sides. Reverse the hoses to the diaphragm and see if it now engages on the other side of the switch in the cab, but still wont disengage. You know it is the diaphragm if it has same problem with the diaphragm lines reversed and the switch in the opposite position. The back part of the diaphragm can get rusty and develop leaks.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2024
  5. Quick Strike

Quick Strike New Member