1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi all . New Subaru Domingo owner from the UK

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jdmboy150, Feb 25, 2024.

1. Jdmboy150

Jdmboy150 New Member

Hello all :cool:

Well through a few weeks of random happenings I am about to be the owner of a cool JDM 1998 Subaru Domingo 1.2 EFI Minivan (I know it’s not a Kei but it’s almost there lol :)).
    Basically my mate tagged me in the advert as a joke knowing I like quirky Japanese vehicles but as vans go it’s pretty small for a 6’2” guy……… however, it was the right price, it is really cool and I don’t shy away from a project so I ended up buying it. :p Deposit paid and I pick it up this week.
    I’m rather excited :D.

So what I have is a van that looks pretty solid, slightly aged paintwork, a VW style front end, interior partially stripped (but seems to all be there), no engine in it (although it comes with 2), a broken CVT gearbox (the usual lol) and it’s been standing for at least 5 years outside.

First impressions is that it doesn’t look too much work to get it back together visually, I just need to work out my options mechanically!

I intend this van to become my new fun Japanese daily to replace my slightly thirsty v8 barge, providing I can make it usable and roadworthy.

Ive been reading up about them a lot and realise that the CVT gearbox’s aren’t great but the engines are, so what I’d really like to do is manual swap it to make it bombproof and more drivable. This is why I’m here, to pick your brains on if it’s possible, how to do it and what I need. Just for starters lol.

You may well see me popping up on the relevant technical threads on here very soon.

Anyway, here’s a few pics and I hope to speak to you all very soon. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dewie likes this.