1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ignition Problem

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jerry t, Mar 1, 2024.

1. Jerry t

Jerry t New Member

New Member in need of your guidance.

I just purchased a 92 ACTY 660 in DEC for my wife to use as a gardening cart on her new 2 acre home site. We used the truck only a few times around the yard. Always started immediately but ran rough and rich. New plugs and fuel additive carburetor/cleaner helped some but still ran rough.

It failed to start a few days ago from lack of ignition spark to plugs. I had not yet discovered this site but my Youtube research indicated that the ignition control module was likely the culprit. Replaced it with a 1985 Honda Prelude JA126 ignitor from AutoZone and cleaned up the corroded distributor cap and rotor. Still no spark.

Ordered an ignition coil, condenser, distributor cap & rotor, and plug wires from Honda-ACTY.com. I just finished the installation and still no park.

I can hear the fuel pump and the fuel return pouring into the tank.

New to site and trying to learn how it works. I’m not very computer savvy.

I hope this is the correct place to post this request but would appreciate any guidance. Includeing a contact for a mechanic familiar with these vehicles near Magnolia TX.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2024
  2. Minicab69

Minicab69 New Member

I’m having similar issues so I’m here to follow this thread! Thanks for posting