1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just bought a mini truck

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 1969CONY, Nov 17, 2014.

1. 1969CONY

1969CONY New Member

Hi everyone, I'm Scott, in Northern California, just bought a 1969 Nissan Cony 360 Wide, a rare truck that has been sitting for 20 years, she is gonna need a lot of work!

cony20.JPG

2. malibu702

malibu702 New Member

Wow that is the Grandpa of all mini trucks. Nice find brother. Im Adam im in las vegas.

3. 1969CONY

1969CONY New Member

Thanks Adam, I just ordered four new tires, the original Bridgestones are completely rotten with huge cracks, but amazingly still hold air!

4. Tuskano

Tuskano Member

Hi there and welcome! That is a great truck... I love the camper shell on it. The beds on those are smaller than a normal 90s kei-truck? I've been debating a canvas back but something like that would be neat. Good luck with your build :D Former socal owner myself.

5. 1969CONY

1969CONY New Member

I measured the bed and its about 6 feet three inches, is that normal for a Kei truck?
    Twin mattress fits perfectly, thats cool!

6. 1969CONY

1969CONY New Member

New tires
    Kenda 205 / 65 / 10

Old tires
    Bridgestone 200 / 50 / 10

hope theres no problems with the wider tires..

kenda2.JPG

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  7. Tuskano

Tuskano Member

Whoa... yea it is. That is about the size of mine I think. I've yet to put a mattress in mine, but always had debated taking mine to a drive in movie theater when I used to live in san diego and parking in the back, backwards. Never got around to buying a bed to fit there.