1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lets see your hijet post some pics

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by beerwagon, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Colin

Colin Member

Good stuff, keep it coming!

HTRDLNCN - nice work. Man, what a ride. :D

2. HTRDLNCN

HTRDLNCN New Member

yup,drove my pop to drinkin....
    www.hotrodlincoln.org
    :)

3. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

"my pappy said son you gonna drive me to drinkin if you don't stop driving that hot rod lincoln"

good name and damn good truck... it's good when you get them a little used and abuse, you have nothing left to worry about... "don't scratch the paint..." not on my watch... lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i run mine pretty hard!!

4. HTRDLNCN

HTRDLNCN New Member

Yup, no worries about hurting the paint,LOL..
    I live next to Lake Travis and there is a 600+acre park right in front of my house,
    almost all of it is in its natural state, lots of rough hilly,rocky terrain all the way
    down to the lake. Lots of trails, Hijet has been thru all of them, except for high centering a couple times its never actually gotten stuck and its only 2wd.
    4wd must be a blast..I also drive it down to my boat/marina quite a bit,county cops are
    pretty laid back out here so they just smile and wave. :)

Here I am at one of the crests in the park with my dog,Nakita. Next to my boat the
    hi-jet and the park are the most relaxing things to enjoy.

Attached Files:

• n2.JPG
      n2.JPG
      File size:
      49.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  5. markd9873

markd9873 New Member

95 Hi Jet Huntin' Wagon

95 Hi Jet Van
    4x4, A/C, 5 speed trans.
    X-Liner sprayed inside & out
    3" lift
    ITP Mud Lites 24 x 8 x 12

Upgrades to come: #4,000 winch on order, will add front and rear bumpers with 2" reciever to mount winch on either bumper. and i'm sure a few lights on the bumpers.

I'm glad i found this sight, it has been a big help and am glad to be part of it!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
    Liberty4Ever likes this.
  6. HTRDLNCN

HTRDLNCN New Member

todays ride round the hood..
    [​IMG]

7. miniMOG

miniMOG Member

Great pics, guys!

Here are a couple of Hijets on tracks-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

93 full extended cab

recntly finished outside, next is inside. a/c blows coooold.

Attached Files:

9. gumballf355

gumballf355 Member

That thing is for sale on craigslist correct??

10. gumballf355

gumballf355 Member

[​IMG]
    My friend Linda took this one for me.

11. TRAX and HORNS

test run

Testing out this extended cab truck for the first time, this past weekend. Blanco, Texas. Ran truck hard, for 2 days 82 miles, used little more than 1/4 tank of fuel with ac running. Truck did great, only one place I coundnt go, but It did surprise me a few times on where it went. Next post is a trailer I had custom built, 7' x 12' with 5' ramps that slide up on deck instead of sides of trailer, (I hate those 4' side ramps) trailer gvw 7000lbs. I can have 2 flates and still be in business.

Attached Files:

12. TRAX and HORNS

Mini truck trailer

Custom trailer I had built for trucks. 5' Ramps fit between rear tires with a few inches to spare on each tire.

Attached Files:

13. mau118

mau118 New Member

Here are some pics of mine. It is sitting in a warehouse right now till it cools off and I pull it out to work on it. Wasnt running so good when I parked it. Need to find a new carb and try that or find another hijet for cheap and part it out.

Attached Files:

14. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

THAT THING IS ENORMOUS!!

I see you have some aftermarket suspension on it, looks like ranchos in the back and some fox or king coil-overs up front... did you do all the work on that or did you buy it that way? i would be really interested to see more pix of how you did the front and rear lift on it.

15. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Nice! Please tell us what you did with the front suspension. I see upper and lower control arms. Thats something I've been wanting to do. I need to dump the radius rods on the front. Is it only 2WD?

-Greg

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  16. satex

satex New Member

17. mau118

mau118 New Member

No, I didnt do the work myself. The front end has custom upper and lower a-arms with coil over shocks. It is only 2wd. I think I might try to pull it out this weekend and put it in my garage to start working on it. I can get some upclose pics if your interested. I need to get it running good to either use it or sell it. I hate having things just sitting around not being used.

18. mau118

mau118 New Member

Nice camo job satex

19. greg0187

When you get time I'd like to see some more of the front suspension. Like how the control arms are fastened to the frame and if it still uses the stock spindle.

Thanks,
    Greg

20. ssinkule

ssinkule New Member

"antique Hi-Jet" 1978 original "Gokiburi"

Has 12,ooo original miles, found it in Yokohama, it a dispaly piece in a commercial florist, it liived indoors unused for 25 years. Perfect condition. Now it lives happily in Atlanta running around town as an "antique Car"
    Am i the only one on here with the 2 cyl 550cc?
    For anyone who isn't familiar with Gokiburi, it is a giant Japanese Cockroach, seemed fitting as a name

Proceed with caution - the following links may contain malware.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/79f5c311584959/
    http://www.imagebam.com/image/5c610311584948/
    http://www.imagebam.com/image/51b62c11584941/

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2008
  21. gumballf355

gumballf355 Member

neat, what are you going to do when something breaks??

22. ssinkule

ssinkule New Member

when it breaks

well i will start with praying for replacement parts, then resort to some old connections in Japan, and some NOS parts still here in the US from when these were used my the airforce.

23. greg0187

WARNING,WARNING...Got Virus on from site while viewing. I'm sure it wasn't purposely done. The imagebam site is known for this type of content.

-Greg

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  24. Colin

Colin Member

Thanks, Greg. I added a warning above the links.

25. mau118

mau118 New Member

I will get some pics up in the next couple days.

26. jtpc

jtpc Member

I've already posted these on an introduction thread, but found this thread and figured I might as well post them here too.
    :)

04 Hijet w/52,000 miles

Attached Files:

27. ssmusicman

ssmusicman Member

This years maple sap collection vehicle

Able to haul out 100 gallons at a shot up some pretty good grades. Need some tracks so I don't rip up the trails as bad next year...

Attached Files:

Liberty4Ever likes this.
  28. kepow

kepow Member

did we ever figure out mau118s truck?

29. leopard_pagan

leopard_pagan Member

HiJet: 998cc 1997 MPV with 3 seats, windows tinted for security.
    Honda: 400cc 1991 CBR400RR BabyBlade Japanese Grey Import, Never sold as a USA import, only seen on track. but in the UK there is a large 400cc Grey market/owners/racers.

[​IMG]

scary pic of me, it was a bright day hence the scowl!
    [​IMG]

30. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

bad site !!!

this site crashed my laptop , it has a key logger and a trogan . i've had to wipe the drive clean and start over . lost all data. stay away !
    larry