1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need front struts for a 96 deck van

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Ernies Imports, Oct 27, 2023.

1. Ernies Imports

Ernies Imports New Member

Anyone know a good source that I wont have to sell my gold tooth to buy a set.

My struts are so bad its not funny

2. maboyce

maboyce Active Member

Sorry for the late reply - if you want the dealer ones, you can go on Partsfan with your chassis number to get the right part number, and then Amayama are the only reasonably-priced place in Japan that are willing to ship them that I know of.

In the US, Minitruckgarage have truck shocks that they have had fabricated to be 'better' somehow (according to their response to my email from earlier this year). They lost me at in-house fabrication, but these might work for you at the risk of deck van (i.e., van) shocks being different somehow from the truck ones. The engines are in different positions, so it's not unlikely.

3. Ernies Imports

Ernies Imports New Member

I finally bit the bullet and bought struts and springs from GR imports. Yes it took all day to remove and install the new ones.
    What a difference it made! The ride is smooth and the truck rides a bit higher in the front too.
    I had to get a frontend alignment when I was finished, but it rides good and straight.
    [​IMG]

maboyce likes this.