1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with vacuum lines for 93 Carry

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by jasondyck, Mar 13, 2014.

1. jasondyck

jasondyck New Member

I have been reading many many posts regarding the 1993 Suzuki Carry truck dd51T regarding the vacuum line setup....I cant make heads or tails of some of the lingo ....haha I guess im just not that much of a mechanic to know what some of the parts names are yet....but working on it. So I have taken pics and matched up the location on the carb of each line and agin pics showing where they lead to....can anyone please take a few minutes to look and match up my line numbers and see if they are leading to the correct places/parts?? Thanks a bunch in advance!! Great site by the way.....very helpful!!!

20140313_174950.jpg 20140313_175001.jpg 20140313_175020.jpg 20140313_175044.jpg 20140313_181417.jpg 20140313_181427.jpg 20140313_182454.jpg

2. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

On July 3,13 I posted a pic in a thread titled "DD51T vacuum puzzle" that shows an engine I pulled out of a '93 with the vac lines intact,if you haven't already, look at that. That truck had A.C. and dif lock and every one is different dependent on accessories.The other source is a thread titled "desperately need tuning help". Just search this forum section and you'll figure it out.

3. jasondyck

jasondyck New Member

thanks Jim, I found your pic you posted as well read the post "desperately need tuning help....I matched my vac lines according to your pic...seems to run better but still not a smooth idle....not sure what else to do do get her to run smooth at this point. I changed plugs, oil change, air filter....guess I should change fuel filter as well? thanks again

4. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

First, please shrink your picks before posting.
    Huge pics take a long time to upload (us), just to be resized by the site anyway. At full size, your numbers are like 1 2 3this big :eek:

Can't tell you much from those pics because you have more than just one #1 ? see?
    You seem to be confused by the "2+3" VS "3+2" set ups. You have a "2+3". This means that the line on the carb towards the front of the truck, would go behind your seat and out the wall. The line on the carb toward the back of the truck would go through the "blue" restrictor and connect to the throttle-up actuator.

Have a look at that, and then read the thread Jim quoted another 10 times...then move the lines.

Enjoy the madness auto-smilies-0021.gif

5. jasondyck

jasondyck New Member

Thanks Spaner, I didn't realize the pics were so big....on my computer they look the same as others have posted (ill look into that next time I post pics) I rerouted the lines according to what Jim provided and truck seems to run better but still has some spuddering...Ill check the fuel flow to the carb by removing the fuel line to carb and see if I get good flow when I start it...ive spent the better part of 8-9 hours reading over and over the posts here about this and find there are same carbs (93 carry) but different routing lines of the vac lines. you are correct in saying I don't know the difference of a 2+3 or 3+2 set up....I realize its the difference between having 2 lines on one side of air adjust and 3 on other just not sure which way to look at it....if im looking down under right side seat at the carb I have 3 lines on left and 2 on right of air screw....so this is a 2+3 set up? Is there a factory numbering on these trucks for example #1 on far left (nearest rear of truck) and #5 on far right (front of carb) or all reversed? Sorry just trying to understand and leard and I was always told the best way to learn is to watch and ask questions. Anyways thanks a bunch for all your help!!

6. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

Usually if the problem is fuel filter it will be at higher rpm not idle.I think you're heading the right direction by chasing down the vacuum system. Have you tried spraying starting fluid or carb cleaner around the vac connections? It doesn't take much and this will tell you real quick if there is a leak.I'm sure it is something simple but hard to locate.You are going about it the right way and it will pop up and amaze you when it does.Often it will be several small leaks rather than one big one and if it hasn't been done it would be a good idea to replace the vacuum lines.If you do I would really recommend using 3 mm silicone line.If you search the net you can find it pretty reasonably priced .Spaner used a heat shrink method but he is a lot more ambitious than me.There are different sized lines on these trucks but the 3mm stretches real well and works for all of them.

7. jasondyck

jasondyck New Member

carb cleaner on vac lines? bit lost on what or how to do that....?

8. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

With the engine running take a can of any thing really flammable like starting fluid or carb cleaner and spray a little around the ends of the vac lines and if they are leaking it will be sucked into the engine and cause it to rev up.Just be careful not to get it where the carb will suck it in.You want to do this with a cool engine naturally and you don't want to have any arcing plug wires.

9. jasondyck

jasondyck New Member

Thanks Jim....was kinda what I figured.... will give it a try

10. hatch

hatch Member

in your picture #6 is that a check valve or a delay valve. I have one like that and it seems to be a check valve rather than a check valve. Is it larger than all the other little valves? Also in Picture #4, the thing in the top of the photo that has the vacuum line hooked to it, where does go? Thanks in advance.