1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s13 Coilovers fit 90’s Suzuki Carry and Every and they're Cheap DC51t

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by InkAndPistons, Apr 9, 2024.

1. InkAndPistons

InkAndPistons New Member

Cheap and reasonable s13 Coilovers for 90’s Suzuki Carry and Every.
    Ok so I figured out something pretty amazing while troubleshooting the death wobble in my car.

Long story short after replacing 75% of the bushings it turned out to be the upper pillow bock mount for the strut.

So I decided to install a set of coilovers with adjustable top hats to fix the problem, and as a bonus I’ll be able to adjust the height as well.

But I don’t want to spend 800-900 on speigles or hello specials or whatever is available for the Carry

If you have ever fought positive camber on your wheels after buying bigger tires and a lift kit or if you want to lower your car and don’t want to much negative camber you can buy these cheap ass coilovers instead of a static camber kit. Or you can but and even nicer set of coilovers from a better manufacturer because this set is interterchangable with certain Nissan and there are tons of options out there.

SO I did some research and figured out that a s13 set of front coilovers will fit on the DC51t and variants suzuki vans and trucks..So all 1989-98 240sx / 180sx / silvias
    NOTE. I am not 100% about 4x4 versions but should be ok if lifting.

You should be able to get a decent amount of lift and at drop, although I left mine stock height for now.

First off these are the comically cheap maxspeedingrods ebay style coilovers. they are $135 Bucks!!! for the front only. (i don't think back would help anyway)

I chose something that wasn’t super fancy because I wasn’t sure if this would work and you’ll have to cut the bottom bracket up with a grinder to make these fit. ( its not as traumatic as it sounds. )

You wouldn’t have to even cut them but the stock steering knuckle/spindle has a little bump in the way..

The top mount is almost the identical layout to the of the upper mount in the Suzuki. But the bolts are 10mm not 8mm. so I used a stepper bit to open up the inboard two holes and then the ones closest to the door jam I opened just a bit more. This will accommodate the slight difference between the bolt pattern of the stock upper strut and the S13 bolt pattern.

I made a pattern for the cut and redrill (I’m not sure if this is 100% perfect but it will get you in range..

Now the springs that come stock are way too stiff since they are for a front engine s13. So I ordered a set of 5k springs for 60 bucks, I haven’t installed them yet But I also may look at modifying and reinstalling the stock springs or a pricy set of swift springs that can be had down to 4k I think the spring rate should be around 200-300 lbs

Basically you need a 70mm ID spring with an approximately 7” standard height and then the aforementioned stiffness.

I made a video on the installation.

Template for the bracket:
    http://jr2d2.com/MAxSpeed_s13_bracket modifications.pdf

https://www.maxpeedingrods.com/prod...or-nissan-s13-240sx-1989-1993-adj-damper.html

Last edited: Apr 9, 2024
  2. t_g_farrell

t_g_farrell Active Member

This is cool. What shocks did you use? I know for my van the front springs should only be about 160 lbs cause theirs no engine up front.

3. t_g_farrell

Ah I see they came with shocks and springs. Just started watching the video.

4. t_g_farrell

How about links to where you got those coil overs. Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2024
  5. t_g_farrell

6. InkAndPistons

InkAndPistons New Member

ha thanks for all the help T_G yeah those are the ones.. i'll add it up top too..