1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S210P/S211P Speed Limiter Removal

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by jeffsimon, Feb 11, 2020.

1. MiniJ

MiniJ New Member

Hey all, first thank you for all your posts as it helped me find my speed limiter. But my experience is slightly different so wanted to share in case it helps others. I have a 2022 Hijet Deck Van G S710W and the speed limiter is behind the speedometer. However, on my truck they ran to ground and green limiter wire to a relay under the passenger seat. That relay was then wired to a yellow wire and orange wire that went directly to the fuel pump relay in the fuse box also under the passenger seat. So here was what I did:

1) I clipped the orange and yellow wires at the relay and connected them directly. This now bypasses the relay and reconnects the fuel pump relay back to the original factory state.
    2) I pulled the fuse out of the red (hot) wire going to the speed limiter (it was plainly visible and accessible just right of the center panel at about chin height). This stops the annoying beep you get when overspeed since it kills power to the unit.

While I can't pop a wheelie yet, I got it up to 80km/hr in a feverish 6.5 seconds in blissful silence.

The advantage here is that you don't have to tear into your dash to cut the yellow wire and if you need to reconnect at some point for any (unwelcome) reason, it's a 30 second job.

Hope this helps others.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2023
  2. JD687

JD687 New Member

Hi everyone, new new guy here. Thanks for the information. I've got a 2014 Toyota Pixis, and I think I found the yellow cable under the dash just like what Bob mentioned above. However, it feels like an actual cable, not a transmitting wire like the diagram above. Can anyone walk me through this? I run a racetrack that's got a good sized race scheduled for Monday the 3rd, and I've already had my fill of the alarm and 25mph limit haha.

3. JD687

JD687 New Member

Update: I found a panel with more fuses directly below the environmental control panel in the cab that had a connector with red, black, blue, and yellow wires all newer and different from the rest of the wiring assemblies. I cut the yellow, but that only killed power to the fuel pump. Should I cut the red and blue (its not quite green, definitely closer to blue) and connect them to each other?

4. JD687

JD687 New Member

Also update: don't cut the blue/purple wire. I've reconnected that and the yellow wire, but the truck refuses to turn over. I've checked all of the fuses in the cab and in the engine compartment, and everything checks out. I'm trying a new batter within the hour to see if that does anything.

If I need to get behind the dash/speedo, are the plastic panels on the dash supposed to just be pried off? I don't see bolts or screws anywhere.

5. JD687

JD687 New Member

I hate being the annoying new guy here, but I wanted to give a quick update just in case anyone runs across this thread later. I found the limiter; mine was directly behind the speedo and had already been cut and then spliced/yellow wire held together with electrical tape. I undid the tape, and voila! No more speed limiter.

The issue I had with the truck not turning over was a bad battery. I swapped it with a new 12v battery and attached universal couplings since the stock ones won't fit American batteries. Zero issues with my truck now!

6. MICKUAL R MILLER

MICKUAL R MILLER New Member

What color is the wires from the wire loom that you wired togeather Thanks.

7. Telopez87

Telopez87 New Member

Hey there, can you please provide some pictures of the work you did? I would love to see what you did and where so I can do the same.

8. MICKUAL R MILLER

i just received my 2022 Daihatsu Hijet and i am trying to eliminate the Rev-limiter i tried all the bypasses but none worked is their something i am missing
    Thanks.

OK i tried all the different wires under the seat wired around the Relay nothing worked i decided to go for the
    IP Cluster i removed the dash panels down to the cluster behind the cluster is where the Rev-limiter is i cut the yellow wire drove the truck run great no issues with the speed i then hooked the cluster back up re-drove runs great if i would have used my elecrtical Knowledge and went to the cluster first i would have found it without cutting and re-wiring the relay and wasting my time.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2023
  9. MICKUAL R MILLER

10. dsmvalley

dsmvalley New Member Supporting Member

I must have the same box as RBElectrical as I have cut the yellow wire but still get the fuel cutoff at higher speeds. I tried to remove the speedo cluster after removing the 2 screws to get a better look at things but am not sure what else is holding the cluster in. In the attached pics, you will see the yellow wire that I cut(found tied into the wire harness behind the radio. I found the fused red hot wire that feeds the box by the OBD. It seems the black and green wire are long and drop thru the rubber grommet below center fuse panel and run up to a relay under driver seat. Black connects to black and the green wire connects to the blue wire on the relay. The red and yellow wire feed into the backside of the fuse panel under driver seat. Just trying to figure out how to go around the speed limit box completely as all the wires from it(red, black, green and yellow) are just hanging loosely behind the dash plastic as I am thinking it wont be long till they chafe and short out or something................Thanks a bunch in advance for all that, hope the pics help make sense of it all!!

Attached Files:

11. petesenman

petesenman New Member

I did the same and cut it all out and got up to 52mph no problem, but now I have a check engine light on. Did you get this?

12. dsmvalley

dsmvalley New Member Supporting Member

No CEL on mine but its a s510p..........I just removed the box completely but kept the added relays. Yes..........mine has 2 added relays for the speed reducer........Just a slightly different way to the same goal as RBelectrical