1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subie Build

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Puddle, Nov 25, 2023.

1. Puddle

Puddle Member

New dude, new ride. I did an oil/filter, air filter change and and started my rack. I have a Gorilla lift, that will go on after the xtra metal/weight is added. Wheels are going away. bed3.jpeg bed4.jpeg

2. Puddle

Puddle Member

Tacked up, need a few more cross members & window protection
    72281292692__88E7FFF9-9128-4F5B-8D5D-D60B348EAADE.jpg 72281294462__B9D09DED-4FBC-4520-880D-488BC7F29808.jpg

3. Puddle

Puddle Member

I'm gonna keep the wheels, I like how the black turned out. wheel.jpeg

4. Puddle

Puddle Member

A little more done rck8.jpeg rck9.jpeg

5. Wire Fox

Wire Fox Member

Nice rack build! How did you go about connecting it to the bed?

6. Puddle

Puddle Member

Used one of the original rack holes, Bed bolts, & three empty holes with nuts welded underneath back of the bed. cabmnt.jpeg frntmnt.jpeg rermnt.jpeg

Wire Fox likes this.
  7. Puddle

Puddle Member

No work on the ride today, instead I put her to work!
    thumbnail.jpeg thumbnail (1).jpeg

Wire Fox likes this.
  8. Puddle

Puddle Member

A little more work, mocking up a rear bumper tube1.jpeg tube2.jpeg

9. Puddle

Puddle Member

Worked on the Bumper some more today. when I was done, I came up with some different ideas, I need go buy some plate steel now... rbump1.jpeg rbump2.jpeg

Ohkei Dohkei and Wire Fox like this.
  10. reggie98

reggie98 Member

Will it be easily removable to allow engine access?

11. Puddle

Puddle Member

4 bolts, 2 on each side to pull the bumper. You can still get to the dipstick & oil fill with bumper in place.

12. Puddle

Puddle Member

Got new shoes today and the rack bolted in (No bike riding today, just checking fit). racknbike.jpeg bikerack.jpeg frontracklight.jpeg

13. Puddle

Puddle Member

Finished up the bumper. I was able to use the stock Back-up light, I have no idea why I put it on the Left side? Still trying to come up a plan for the License
    plate/light.
    bmplgt.jpeg closlgt.jpeg sidebump.jpeg

14. Ideamakers

Ideamakers New Member

Coming along nicely. Like the idea for the bike mount, have been thinking along the same lines for our two ebikes. What part of Idaho are you in, I’m over in Spokane.

15. Puddle

Puddle Member

Sandpoint.

16. Ideamakers

Ideamakers New Member

Do you tie off the bike elsewhere or just the front forks hold it in place? There are more and more of these little trucks in the area which is fun to see. Maybe a truck show sometime.

17. Puddle

Puddle Member

No rear tire tie down (yet). A show would be cool

18. Puddle

Puddle Member

I so dig these Trucks, too cold in the shop, fits in the Fab shop.:cool: prk.jpeg

19. Puddle

Puddle Member

Did some R&D on the skid plate, winch mount & bumper mount, I think it's gonna hold. frntbmp1.jpeg

20. Puddle

Puddle Member

21. Puddle

Puddle Member

Getting closer
    thumbnail.jpeg

Mistery510 likes this.
  22. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

I like it. Alot. You have some great fab skills. My one speck of advice is to be careful how wide you make that front bumper. I wouldn't go 1/2" past that yellow marker light. One of the best things about these things are the places they can go. I fold in my mirrors often and barely make it in between trees.

23. Puddle

Puddle Member

All prettied up. outside.jpeg

24. DadBod69

DadBod69 New Member Supporting Member

Love it. Great job

25. Puddle

Puddle Member

Covered the door cards
    doorpnl2.jpeg doorpnl.jpeg

DadBod69 likes this.
  26. DadBod69

DadBod69 New Member Supporting Member

I’m looking forward to seeing what the previous owner did to the truck I just bought. It will hopefully arrive in WI on Saturday.
    IMG_2075.jpeg

Puddle likes this.
  27. Lyle Knox

Lyle Knox New Member

A great job!

Looking to build something similar to hold either 4 seats or 2 benches, but would be removable to use the bed. Any ideas?

Lyle

28. Puddle

Puddle Member

Not sure what you are saying, 4 seats in the bed?

Mistery510 likes this.
  29. Lyle Knox

Lyle Knox New Member

Exactly! While my wife and I plan on spending time in the AZ high country during the summers, our daughter, son-in-law and granddaughters plan on being up with us, so need 6 seats for us all to be able to drive around as well as explore some of the nearby back roads. :)

Lyle

30. reggie98

reggie98 Member

Puddle likes this.