1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vacuum Lines

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by GSongne, Nov 10, 2008.

1. GSongne

GSongne New Member

Does anyone have a vacuum line diagram or a picture of the vacuum hoses to and from carburator to PCV and to distributor?
    I disconnected a few lines and lost track of propper conncections and do not have a manual for my 1988 Hijet Daihatsu 4 x 4 m S81P.
    I am also changing out the coil and installing one with an internal resistor.
    How does this affect the wiring?

Thnaks for any help I can get.

Greg Songne'

2. miguel23

miguel23 New Member

any answer to this.. this is my problem also...

3. jwicker

jwicker Member

Resurrecting this old thread as I am also in search of detailed info on vacuum lines and what they do/where they go.
    I need this info to troubleshoot my S110p/
    thanks

4. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

At the top of this Daihatsu section,in the reference section, there is a thread titled daihatsu manual,the 7th responce down is a link to a very good manual put out there by Minitrucksupply.com.This is for the S80/81 but most of these trucks from that era are very close according to Leon at daihatsuhelp.com

5. A. Gillingham

A. Gillingham Member

Can someone tell me what size the vacuum lines are on my 1994 Hijet, 660 ? I’m thinking that most of these trucks use the same diameter vacuum lines and wanted to order enough line for a complete replacement as mine are needing replacement. I’m thinking that the vacuum lines are very important for a good running truck with the complex setup used on these trucks.

6. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

2-mm for the most part. The 2mm is a bit tight, but 3-mm, is too loose, and will not stay on or seal. If your at a US parts house 3/32 works. Be careful if you order online, and check it as soon as you get it. I got a bunch of 2-mm I.D. hose, which was actually. 6-mm O.D., and was only 1.5-mm I.D., and didn’t fit on the nipples very easily. I broke one of the vacuum valve canisters trying to get the hose onto it. At which time I ordered hose from a different vendor on Amazon, and got some which was actually 2-mm I.D., and it worked.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  7. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

This may help:
    47E00F5E-60B7-413E-BD80-35E5179A803B.jpeg 47E00F5E-60B7-413E-BD80-35E5179A803B.jpeg 5346B8B5-2A31-4951-8424-3CFF8077A18A.jpeg

HoJet, Cactuarizard, Dewie and 2 others like this.
  8. A. Gillingham

A. Gillingham Member

Much appreciated Jiggs.

9. Noleftturn60

Noleftturn60 New Member

10. HoJet

HoJet New Member

do these trucks actually have a PCV valve? i have been searching all over and have found nothing online about the location or what part number a replacement would be. Normally they come out of the valve cover but im not finding one.
    And thank you Jigs for those diagrams! What manual is this out of and where do i order/download one?